Sunday 19 February 2012

Piss Poor Preparation, Do Flu Jabs work?

An interesting week. Started trying to double my diet effort as I knew I was in trouble after the previous weekend. As I said last week , I would have been happy to break even but somehow still managed to lose another lb. That's 17 in total so am quite happy. Worked on Wednesday so didn't train and then on Thurs. I really did not feel well, a virus of some description so didn't swim again. Had some work offered for Friday but didn't feel up to it. I did feel a little better Fri Pm so went for a short swim which seemed to make me relapse. Saturday I felt really ill all day. Decided not to swim at Wolverhampton on Sunday. Woke up Sunday morning and felt Ok ish so I went back on decision and drove to the West Midlands to swim my 3 sprints.

Strange week. My training metres were the lowest of the year with only 3 sessions and 8k.
Didn't feel great at Wolverhampton but swam OK. No reaction to shoulder even swimming sprints on Fly and Back.

Hopefully my preparation for Bracknell in 2 weeks and the Welsh open in four will be a little better. Onwards and upwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment