Saturday 7 April 2012

Work and training don't mix but does help the diet.

Mrs T asked me to look after the incoming goods warehouse for the week. The only disadvantage (and quite a major one) is that I do not have a fork lift licence. I could though call on guys from the shifts when I needed to off load deliveries or move pallets around. The problem Was that empty and full pallets need moving all the time so I spent a lot of time with a hand pallet truck pulling heavy pallets or moving piles of empty ones around the storage yard. This was excellent excercise but was really hard work for this old man and then of course I decided to try and train in the evenings. Travelled all the way to Gloucester on Tues night for a club session and had to finish the session after 30 mins as my feet and legs were cramping continuously and no amount of steady swimming would work the cramps off. I do think the work helped with some core fitness though. Still managed around 9K in the week, below where I should be but a good on par result. This week also saw me targeting some improved weight loss as I felt recently that I had been slipping away from my healthy diet and eating too many treats and crap. We made two batches of really good vegetable soup which made up my main meal each day (with no bread). Breakfast was a big bowl of porridge . These I found very filling and snacked in-between with fruit and yogurt. Anyway it seems to work and I managed 5lbs loss this week which took me below 16 stone for the first time in At least 25 years. 15.13. Another stone to go and I think I will be fairly happy. Now to see if this weight loss transfers to faster swimming. No competitions this weekend but our own Gloucester's Open Masters Meet next weekend. Will be looking for a fast 100 Free and 50 back. Entries in for the British Masters (LC) at Sheffield this week. Only 4 weeks away.

No comments:

Post a Comment