Saturday 31 March 2012

A Steady Eddie Week, Feeling Good.

A steady week in deed! Struggled to train at my best while working on my feet all day but managed to work three days without missing any planned sessions. In fact metres wise my best week this year at 14450 metres. The month was down from around 49k in Jan and Feb to 41600 in March. So after the first quarter of the year 140025 metres, way ahead of my original plan. I just need to make sure I keep a good quality training going and not do metres for the sake of achieving a high total. Thought I would lose at least 2 lbs this week but only managed a single lbs loss to take me to 16.04. It is taking me along time to get down to Under 16 stone but should get there in 3-4 weeks.. No swimming meet this weekend or the next one. Gives me the chance to build as much training as I can between now and the British Champs at Sheffield in May. Coach tells me we are doing a weeks taper for this event and keeping the long taper for the Nationals also at Sheffield in October. I have my personal warm weather training in July. We have booked a friends Villa for a week in Spain which has a shared 25 metre pool. Hoping I can swim evenings and mornings with plenty of room. Will be asking the coach for 8-9 sessions to follow. Am working Mon to Fri next week so training will be a challenge. I admire anyone who does a physical role and trains full time as well. I am lucky that generally I only work 2-4 days a week so have energy left for training most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment