Sunday 4 March 2012

9th week of my diet ! Slow swims at Bracknell.

Well after 8 weeks of consistent weight loss, sometimes undeservedly I came unstuck this week. I think because I have got away with poor diet on a number of occasions I finally overdid the treats and lazy eating this week and put a lb on. Back up to 16.07. A total of 18lbs. I will make certain I at least reverse this gain during the next 6 days.
Training still OK as bogged during the week. 10K total for week even with a day off on Friday and a competition on Saturday. Swam a 100IM, and another 50 free and 50 fly. Not very impressed with any of the times although the IM was the first for a year and just a little faster than the last one but a long way from a PB the fly was slower than two weeks ago the Free just better than two weeks ago.
I am hoping I am swimming slow pools and my continuous training is not helping my speed.
I must check like for like results from last year.
This week should be fun. Working Monday and Wednesday and off to the Olympic Pool on Thurs to watch some proper swimmers at the trials. May struggle to get my metres in but hopefully OK.
Off to training tonight, need to chat to the coach re basic speed and where it might have gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment