Saturday 7 January 2012

New year New Plans

Well it's only the first week of the year but all going to plan. I ended 2011 with a total of just over 353K so looking to inrease this by 50 K or so. Having said that I will be happy if I do the same sort of total but increase the quality of some sessions. The club sessions are fine but I still skive when doing extra sessions during public lanes. Lots of garbage metres or Tesco Sessions (as described elsewhere).
Completed two club sessions this week and two public lane sessions completing a total of 8850. This time last year I was not training at all so am ahead of game and should get some decent fitness metres in.
I also at last sorted my head re weight loss. Had managed to creep up to 17.11 during the Christmas and New Year period. Based on my target last year of losing at least a stone I managed to put one on. Total bloody failure. Onwards and upwards this year, I have a new plan and this week it went well (the first weeks of diets always do). Down to 17.06 so need to keep the losses going for the next 8 weeks. I had considered not posting the details of weight loss but felt that by publishing the details I could not hide the failures or successes.
First competition 28th Jan at Crawley. interesting range of events for me.
400 free, 200 free, 100 Breast, and 50 fly. Really have no idea where I am,speed or fitness wise but all competition is more experience evenly I am not quite on the button.
No training today (Sat) but back to Gloucester tomorrow. Should be doing the round trip 3 times this week with 2 public lane sessions.

Targets are still to get Fitter, Faster and quicker. If the shoulder keeps improving I might succeed in more than one of these this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment