Friday 18 November 2011

Visit of Daughter and Grand Daughter takes Priority over Swimming

Over a week since my last blog and generally I think recovery has been going well with one reservation and some excuses.
My Daughter and Grandaughter came to visit for four days this week. I was told by the other women in my life (Mrs Tewson) that I really couldn't go off swimming while they were here. I did manage one day by taking Chloe Grace (GD) swimming in the learners pool. There came a time when Chloe wanted Mum and I slipped of to the main pool for a quick 500 M before getting changed. Also missed the Sinning ( I mean spinning )and Pilates but will resume on Monday.
I still managed nearly 4000 M this week though but the soreness in the shoulder is hanging around a lot more than I thought it would. I guess I was fooled by the relative lack of pain during my first couple of swims. I thought the recovery would be much quicker than last year.
I have been told that there is nothing I can damage by swimming but should take guidance from any pain. The pain is from the physical operation and comes from muscle,bone and nerve damage. I am managing free style pretty well although not sprinting as this does hurt.
After managing 4x50 back dispersed between free last week I have been finding backstroke quite painful but better than Pre op. Today I also managed a couple of 25's fly. By not over reaching just about pain free.
I guess the post operative pain will be there for at least another 4 weeks. I had planned to swim with Gloucester Masters at the start of December but this may need to be changed to Jan 2012.

Onwards and Upwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment