Thursday 10 November 2011

Swimming and Spinning. Pilates next week.

Had a good swim on Tuesday mostly gentle free style and a set of 50,s kick. I could not resist to try some back stroke and did about 200 m dispersed around the free. Wish I hadn't I think my sore neck is down to the backstroke. I did get some soreness in my shoulder but this has gone 36 hrs later so will be only swimming gently 2-3 times a week for now. Planning to get back to club sessions in December. Not being able to swim hard and often just yet has ensured I finally make a move towards some land training. I have signed up to Spinning and Pilates with my local sports centre provider. The costs are already covered by my swimming and gym membership so no extra payments.
My first Spinning session yesterday, hard work even with some skiving as I was not sure how much work I could do. Should be able to judge the next session better. Good fun and I hope will help with core strength and fitness. My Pilates is booked for next Monday, this has been recommended by fellow masters swimmers to help flexibility and core fitness. I have no idea what to expect.
So the plan is one spinning session and one Pilates session a week to support my 3-4 swims a week. I am hoping that limiting my swimming and doing cross training will reduce the chance of further joint issues. I also want to improve my leg strength and core fitness without trying to swim silly distances.
Onwards and upwards if I'm not careful I won't have any excuses next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment