Saturday 26 November 2011

First 'Proper' training session. Weight update.

Well after a couple of weeks swimming 4-5 days a week but not actually training I managed to get a reasonable session in yesterday. Up until now I have been swimming between 1000 and 1400 metres at each session. These metres have been steady swims with a few drills and more kick than I would normally do.
Yesterday I started with a 1800 m plan and finished with a modest 2100M session.

10 x 100 on 2 mins
8x50 alt kick/pull
4x100 IM on 2.30
2x50 Fast ( the first fast swims I have done. Hopefully no damage to shoulder)
200 swim down

My plan is to get back to a Gloucester session in a week or so once I return from a weeks family visiting taking in Sunderland, Boston and Dover.

I have also managed not to have put any more weight on for the last 6 weeks. Ok I have been trying to lose it but with the surgery and being less active am quite pleased. Hopefully I can start seeing losses as I increase the swimming activity. The down side of the last week or so is that I have not been to spinning or Pilates for a week or so. Must get to the gym as soon as I get back from the visits.
Finally I have been looking at swim plan for 2012. Possible first event SE masters at Guildford end Jan ???

No comments:

Post a Comment