Tuesday 16 August 2011

A week away ! Training at Sunderland. (And a wedding)

After the previous excellent training week I was always going to struggle to match it. Swam at Gloucester masters on Sunday followed by a public lane session at Leominster on Monday. Then off to Sunderland for family wedding and normal house to house family visits. Managed to swim at the aquatic centre for the next 3 days. The more I use this great pool the more I like it. I am always amazed that whatever time I choose to swim there it is always quiet. I guess 70% of my lane swimming I had a lane to myself. Wednesday was 50 M lane swimming .(10 lanes between 3.30 and 8pm. ) Width lane swimming other days with up to 12 lanes available .
This trip we were a mile or so from the pool so I could pick and choose when to swim.. Fun (swimming) had to stop after Thurs as I had wedding taxi service to do collecting people and taking family to shops ect. Oh well still nearly 12000M for the week and also made the yearly total up to and over 200,000 M
The wedding went well and I managed my monthly alcohol allowance in one evening at the reception/party.
Now back to the normal routine, swam at Leominster yesterday and back to Masters session tonight.
Still no date for my shoulder surgery, I may as well enter another Masters Meet for early Sept. Not using ibuprofen for training now. OK if I only swim f/s so any competition will also be f/s only.

No comments:

Post a Comment