Saturday 6 August 2011

Trained in 4 pools. Record weekly total and a couple of days in Dover.

Well I managed 6 days training out of 7 this week only missing Tuesday when I drove to Dover to visit my Son , Matt. A total of 14550 metres so I am more than happy. Also managed these with either no ibuprofen or just a couple. Mind you I am only swimming Freestyle apart from a little one arm back/fly drills or back kicking. While in Dover I joined some nice female triathletes in a couple of sets which kept me on my toes and stopped me falling into plod mode after a day on the beach. I did consider joining the open water swimmers who were swimming in the harbour each day but the sunshine kept me firmly on my towel lazing in the sun. Because of the travelling I started the week with a club session at Gloucester followed by a public lane swim at Leominster. Two more sessions at Dover pool followed by a return session in Leominster and finished off with an outdoor 50m lido session with the club at Cheltenham today.
I will be at Gloucester tomorrow and Leominster on Monday before popping off to Sunderland for the week. (Family wedding next Saturday) Sunderland Aqua Centre here we come. Normally quiet lane swimming in the mornings and we have a Hotel only a mile or so away.

No comments:

Post a Comment