Tuesday 6 December 2011

Shoulder recovery in Slow Down.

Well it's now into December and the shoulder recovery has joined the rest of the country in the slow down. I can still swim all strokes even if the back stroke is a little adjusted but the soreness and pain are still present and on some days worse. I have decided to rest for a couple of weeks ( from the pool) to see if I have any improvement.
It's a pity as I had planned to try a masters session at Gloucester this week. Ah well perhaps I will pop across before Christmas just to say hello!
Mean while I managed to get a days work yesterday, I am now totally f@@&ed. Very physical 8 hours of lifting and running up and down two flights of steps. At first I told myself it was just a good physical workout but after 3-4 hours decided to slow down a bit otherwise I would not have finished the shift.
I asked Mrs T not to book me any more until I am fully recovered. Perhaps Friday ? It 's a pity they let me do a few 4 hour shifts to get me back up to scratch. I had started to try and plan my meets for next year but I think I may have to start again . I would still like to swim at Guildford at end of Jan so will need to get my entry in soon.
I must try and stay out of the pool, it's difficult cause I get bored so easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment