Saturday 26 February 2011

Friday Lane Swim, Lazy Saturday Weigh Day and Rugby on TV

After my rehab at Gloucester Masters on Thursday I was back in Public lane swimming Friday Lunch time. Just to clarify, Public lane swimming at Leominster is pretty good for Masters and Tri-athletes. On the odd day, we get some slower swimmers who insist on swimming in the 'Fast Lane' especially if there is only one or two of us swimming. Generally we are pretty free to follow our schedules with very little interruption.
Our coach at Gloucester told me my hand entry was incorrect and I was slapping too much. He gave me some guidance to correct this fault. I spent most the Friday lunch time session working on drills to alter my hand entry and pull a little more towards my sides rather than down my centre line. (My excuse for only doing 2000 Metres)
I also did lots of backstroke drills now my shoulder allows me to swim this stroke again. Saturday a day off before the 90 min club session at Gloucester on Sunday evening.
Weigh Day Saturday , no improvement from Thurs Blog but another steady 2 lbs off this week. I'm at the weight I normally get stuck at but hopefully (No definitely!!) this time I will keep going.
As well as no training it's Sports day on TV today. Hoping England beat France later and the Match Play Golf from the US is getting to the interesting stages with lots of Europeans still in the tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment