Monday 26 September 2011

South West sprint meet.

Well the first swim meet for some time on Sunday. Unfortunatley my birthday was Saturday with a birthday dinner prepared by Mrs Tewson which included too much wine. My birthday present is being used to blog this latest post. (i pad 2). I had entered a 50 back but shoulder has been pretty painful in the last couple of weeks so after trying 15 metres with posts of pain I decided to stick to free style as I am at Sheffield.

Not swam a 50 free since the Gloucester meet in April which was the first meet back from my first shoulder surgery. So not much to beat for a seasons best which I did by 0.8 sec. The problem is I need to reduce the time by another 0.6/0.7 to medal at Sheffield. Just the 5 weeks to get some speed from somewhere. Most of my club colleagues were swimming 4-5 events but my excuse is not being able to swim more than one stroke. Nothing to do with lack of fitness and speed or the 18 lbs I have now put on. The 100 free was bad. I felt tired after 40 metres and finished a second slower than my long course. 100 in June!

I am quite embarrassed that my targets of getting faster (not), Getting Fitter (not) and losing weight (not close) are so much of a failure. I will be training hard (shoulder permitting) to give myself the best chance at Sheffield in 5 weeks. I need to reapply my diet ASAP and plan to keep losing weight during my anticipated 3 month non swimming recovery. I would like to be about to swim at Plymouth in March but this could be a bit quick. If my early recovery last year contributed to the relapse I do not want to repeat the experience. If it takes 6 months to get fit and injury free so be it.

This is Tewson trying to be up beat under a cloud of poor achievement, I am certainly not depressed. Very happy with the i pad.

No comments:

Post a Comment